Buying a home can be:
- Exciting and fun or
- A time of stress and anxiety.
Which option will greatly be affected by what process or plan you have implemented. It will also depend on the type of Home Ownership you have decided to pursue.
Since our objective is always to make your experience exciting fun and stress free, we have a plan to help you through. You can download your free copy of 7 Steps to Home Buying Success by Clicking Here. This resource is designed to help you understand the process and to give you some tools that will help you in the decision making process. Of course, we are only to happy to help you with any of your home buying needs as well.
5 Tips to Navigating The Real Estate Transaction
- Don’t Obsess about Timing….. The most common question I get as a REALTOR® is How’s the Market? It seems to be inherent to our thinking that we need to maximize the value of our purchase or sale of real estate. When buying we want the best deal and when we are selling we think we need the top price. Both of these ideas could get in the way of your making a great decision. Your decision on when to buy or sell should be when you are READY. Instead of focusing on the perfect time, focus on making sure you are ready for your move.
- Manage your expectations….. It is really an interesting exercise to look at how our expectations have changed over the years. When I began selling real estate in 1984, most young couples would have been ecstatic to be able to buy the small 2 bedroom bungalow grandma and grandpa used to live in. Television and the experiences of our friends and family seem to have changed all of this. Everyone’s experience is going to be different and what is happening in the marketplace will impact what you might realistically expect.
- Keep your emotions in Check….. Buying a home is a major investment. One you will likely only do a few times over the course of your life. Don’t let unrealistic expectations of finding the perfect home put undo pressure on you. Similarly when you sell your home. You will have many happy memories and thoughts about your home. These are beautiful and special but they are also your memories. Someone purchasing your home is looking to create their own memories and won’t want to pay for yours. You will feel more in control of your decisions if you are able to stay focused and calm through the process.
- Research the neighbourhood….. When would you rather find out the house you are looking at or the neighbourhood has a stigma to it. Before you buy it? or after you move in? Think of how long you would like to live there and make a note of what are your must haves and what are your deal breakers. Do your research.
- Consider getting Professional Help….. You do not need to be alone on your journey. An experienced REALTOR® can answer your questions, ease your concerns and guide you through the process. Feel free to call me anytime you have a concern. I’m never to busy for your questions or your referrals.
Don’t forget to download your FREE Copy of the 7 Steps to Home Buying Success by clicking here.
Strata Titled Properties and the Home buying Process are our specialty. A complicated transaction can benefit from an experienced guide. Knowing what red flags to look for could save you from grief later on. Please contact us if you are needing help in locating the right property or if you are needing help with your review of your documents.
Feel free to leave a comment or a like and share this post if you liked it.